Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious, rich pasta dish, perfect for a romantic evening!
Make and share this Fettuccini with Gorgonzola and Champagne Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a large, heavy skillet; add shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Add champagne and reduce well, to approximately syrup consistency; add cream and reduce slightly.
- Whisk in the gorgonzola and Parmesan; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- If the sauce is thicker than you'd like, add water from the cooked/cooking pasta to achieve desired consistency.
- Add the drained hot pasta to the sauce and heat well until the pasta absorbs a bit of the sauce.
- Serve in a large pasta bowl, garnished with additional Parmesan and black pepper, and accompanied by garlic bread.
- Also good with sauteed mushrooms added.
Double pasta, use 4 oz. Gorganzola or blue cheese. Fantastic!
Pleasantly surprised! After reading the other review I had doubts but wanted to try the recipe. Very glad that I did. We halved the recipe and it was plenty for 3 people. I didn't have any issues reducing the sauce. However, we used half the amount of Gorgonzola and fettuccine the recipe called for. We flavored it to our taste. It's worth a try!
This Recipe was not at all accurate in any way shape or form. Times, Measurements, Nothing. When spending 20.00 for things for one meal its disappointing when it doesn't pan out. Sauce never was thick. The cheese was over powering. To reduce the sauce took forever close to 20 mins after, the 20 mins to saute the shallots. I never write reviews, but this was worth letting you all know!