- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, dried
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain fettucini as directed on package, omitting any oil.
- Spray a large saucepan with Pam and heat over medium high heat.
- Cook onion and garlic in saucepan, stirring, until onion is crisp tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Serve over fettuccini.