Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not for those on a diet! Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005. Recipe from Moosewood.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook fettucini according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Mix in the cream or milk and heat carefully, not allowing it to boil.
- Add the Gorgonzolo and cream cheese, stirring frequentlly until they are melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add freshly ground black pepper.
- When pasta is al dente, drain it and mix it into the sauce.
- Toss well to coat the pasta and serve immediately.
- Pass the grated Parmesan at the table.
I made this today but served with angel hair pasta. This sauce was very tasty but I would definitely double it next time for a box of pasta! Thanks for sharing.
UPDATE: I made this today and used some lower-fat items and ommissions and this was still awe-inspiring! I didn't use any butter, used 2% milk, and less of both cheeses, prob abt 3 oz gorg cheese and 1/4 cup parm and it was still delicious. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I made only the sauce to use for some steak bites. Hubby and I loved it and we were thinking of other ways to use it - definitely with pasta, maybe add chicken and mushroom or a primavera type with zucchini and asparagus and red bell peppers. The possibilities are endless! Thanks for posting!
Outstanding! Used fat-free half and half, and reduced-fat cream cheese. I expected it to be good, but this was jaw-dropping.