This is a recipe given to me by my husband's aunt who was a wonderful cook. I was written into the hospital cookbook where she did volunteer work. In her honor I would like to dedicate one of her many recipes she has shared with me thru the years and there have been many. It serves 4.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere or 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- While the pasta is cooking,.
- Saute' the chicken in hot butter for 3 minute until firm and white. Stir in the garlic and scallions and fry over moderate heat for 3 minute Discard the garlic. Stir in the flour. Add the cream and lemon juice and stir until hot. Add the cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the noodles and toss with the chicken breasts and all the other ingredients.
- Serve with a nice tossed salad.
This is indeed a very quick and easy comfort meal. Wonderful for a weeknight meal. I added some more cream because it was a little dry, and it could have used even a bit more. The flavor with the gruyere was very nice. Thanks for sharing this one, glitter!