Recipe by glitter
This is a recipe given to me by my husband's aunt who was a wonderful cook. I was written into the hospital cookbook where she did volunteer work. In her honor I would like to dedicate one of her many recipes she has shared with me thru the years and there have been many. It serves 4.
Top Review by PrairieRose
We just had this. We used Swiss cheese and swapped Greek yogurt for the heavy cream. Hubby thinks I should have used the cream. The sauce was a little thick using Greek yogurt. However, this had a great taste and is on our list to repeat!
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere or 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- While the pasta is cooking,.
- Saute' the chicken in hot butter for 3 minute until firm and white. Stir in the garlic and scallions and fry over moderate heat for 3 minute Discard the garlic. Stir in the flour. Add the cream and lemon juice and stir until hot. Add the cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the noodles and toss with the chicken breasts and all the other ingredients.
- Serve with a nice tossed salad.