1/1 Photo of Fettuccini With Asparagus and Garlicky Chicken
This colourful sauce is really low fat but High in flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons powdered Italian salad dressing
- 1 roasted red pepper, slivered
- 2 cups asparagus, cooked and cut in 1-inch length
- 1/2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fettuccine pasta, noodles cooked at dente
- 1Heat oil in saucepan;
- 2Salt and pepper chicken; add to hot oil.
- 3Cook until lightly brown.
- 4Add mushrooms, onion,garlic, shallot. and powdered italian salad dressing.
- 5Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in chicken broth,canned milk and cream cheese.
- 7Add roasted red pepper and asparagus.
- 8Cook gently another 5 minutes to blend in the flavours.
- 9Add Parmesan cheese.
- 10This can be made ahead and re heated at serving time.
- 11Place fettuccini in pasta bowls and spoon on this rich tasting sauce.
- 12Serve with a crusty bread, extra grated Parmesan cheese and the pepper mill.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccini With Asparagus and Garlicky Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 943.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers
evaporated low-fat milk