Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This colourful sauce is really low fat but High in flavour.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons powdered Italian salad dressing
- 1 roasted red pepper, slivered
- 2 cups asparagus, cooked and cut in 1-inch length
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fettuccine pasta, noodles cooked at dente
- Heat oil in saucepan;
- Salt and pepper chicken; add to hot oil.
- Cook until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms, onion,garlic, shallot. and powdered italian salad dressing.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth,canned milk and cream cheese.
- Add roasted red pepper and asparagus.
- Cook gently another 5 minutes to blend in the flavours.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- This can be made ahead and re heated at serving time.
- Place fettuccini in pasta bowls and spoon on this rich tasting sauce.
- Serve with a crusty bread, extra grated Parmesan cheese and the pepper mill.
This dish is worthy of company. We made it pretty much as written -- using a little less garlic to accommodate a non-garlic-loving guest. Australia doesn't sell Italian salad dressing powder, so I used two tablespoons of Italian salad dressing. You didn't say how much pasta. We used 500 grams (1 pound).