Recipe by Sageca
This colourful sauce is really low fat but High in flavour.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
This dish is worthy of company. We made it pretty much as written -- using a little less garlic to accommodate a non-garlic-loving guest. Australia doesn't sell Italian salad dressing powder, so I used two tablespoons of Italian salad dressing. You didn't say how much pasta. We used 500 grams (1 pound).
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons powdered Italian salad dressing
- 1 roasted red pepper, slivered
- 2 cups asparagus, cooked and cut in 1-inch length
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fettuccine pasta, noodles cooked at dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan;
- Salt and pepper chicken; add to hot oil.
- Cook until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms, onion,garlic, shallot. and powdered italian salad dressing.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth,canned milk and cream cheese.
- Add roasted red pepper and asparagus.
- Cook gently another 5 minutes to blend in the flavours.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- This can be made ahead and re heated at serving time.
- Place fettuccini in pasta bowls and spoon on this rich tasting sauce.
- Serve with a crusty bread, extra grated Parmesan cheese and the pepper mill.