Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy dish I came up with after I found out how tasty seitan and sun dried tomatoes are.
Make and share this Fettuccini With Artichoke, Seitan, and Sun-Dried Tomato recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml whole wheat fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 354.88 ml seitan, cubed
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 118.29 ml artichoke heart, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.32 ml olive oil
- 73.94 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml dried basil leaves
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- Put half of the olive oil into a skillet, and add the garlic. Cook over low heat for about two minutes.
- Add the cooking wine, lemon juice, artichoke and tomato to the skillet. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add the seitan, and cook for about a minute and a half.
- Turn the heat up to high. Add the pasta, spices, and remaining olive oil, and stir fry for about 45 seconds.
I got a lot of seitan on sale and stocked the freezer. Unfortunately, no one in the family seems to like it. It got picked out of every recipe I tried it in, until I tried this one. No one seemed to mind it in this. I was so glad to see empty plates after dinner! Not sure how many sundried tomatoes I used. They were already cut up, so I just guessed. For the fettuccini I used some fresh spinach fettuccini that I got at the farmers market. Topped it off with fresh grated parm. This time of year I am always thinking of ways to use fresh veggies. I may try some summer squash or zucchini thrown in next time. Mushrooms would be good too. I'll let you know what we try and how we like it.
This was great! I didn't have any sun-dried tomatoes, so I used 2T of sun-dried tomato paste instead. I used a 6.5oz jar of artichokes, and since they're drenched in oil, I cut back on the oil by 50%. I then used only 1T of basil, 1/2t of thyme(I'm not a fan), and only 1/4t of pepper because of the kids, and it was still quite spicy. Next time, I will definately saute the garlic longer, until soft. This is delicious, thank you so much!
Delicious. I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes, but used whole fresh cherry tomatoes for a similar taste. I also used minimal oil. Thank you so much for this lovely dish!