Recipe by VeganKitten
This is a yummy dish I came up with after I found out how tasty seitan and sun dried tomatoes are.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I got a lot of seitan on sale and stocked the freezer. Unfortunately, no one in the family seems to like it. It got picked out of every recipe I tried it in, until I tried this one. No one seemed to mind it in this. I was so glad to see empty plates after dinner! Not sure how many sundried tomatoes I used. They were already cut up, so I just guessed. For the fettuccini I used some fresh spinach fettuccini that I got at the farmers market. Topped it off with fresh grated parm. This time of year I am always thinking of ways to use fresh veggies. I may try some summer squash or zucchini thrown in next time. Mushrooms would be good too. I'll let you know what we try and how we like it.
- 4 cups whole wheat fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups seitan, cubed
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half of the olive oil into a skillet, and add the garlic. Cook over low heat for about two minutes.
- Add the cooking wine, lemon juice, artichoke and tomato to the skillet. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add the seitan, and cook for about a minute and a half.
- Turn the heat up to high. Add the pasta, spices, and remaining olive oil, and stir fry for about 45 seconds.