Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't made this yet. It's supposedly a recipe from Rene' Verdon, Chef at the Kennedy White House. I've had it in my recipe file for many years. I'm trying to organize my recipes -- so now I'll know where I can find it at a touch of the button!!!
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Cook fettuccini in boiling salted water until tender. Drain thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, saute' the shallots in the butter for a few minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and boil mixture 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the pasta, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and chopped chives and toss mixture well.