Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great creamy clam sauce over pasta.
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon onion and garlic powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried red chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 16 ounces baby clams, with juice
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta, parboil in salted water
- In a saucepan add butter and flour over a medium heat and stirring to form a roux add half and half, garlic and onion, dried red chili flakes, white pepper and salt to taste. Blending sauce with a wire whisk adds in the wine and baby whole clams with juice. Plate the fettuccini and pour the clam sauce.