Recipe by Barb G.
This recipe comes from a Ristorante in San Diego, CA. Prepare sauce while pasta is cooking to ensure that the fettuccine will be hot when the sauce is finished; the heat of the pasta cooks the raw eggs that are tossed with it.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled gorgonzola (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in heavy large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid (water).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts; saute 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, cream, half and half, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add hot pasta to sauce and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Eggs to pasta and toss well.
- Add bacon, 1/2 cup Gorgonzola, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley and toss to incorporate.
- Add reserved pasta cooking liquid to thin sauce, if desired.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Gorgonzola and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over pasta and serve.