Recipe by happynana
I found this recipe on the Tex Mex web site. We enjoyed this recipe because it was not saucy. If you like lots of sauce, this is not the recipe for you. I did change a bit.
Top Review by I'mPat
This was quick and tasty, the only disappointment for me was that the sauce was so thin and did not coat the pasta (this may be because I simmered the chicken in the sauce with the lid on the pan?). I used a can of diced tomatoes which I added a little chilli to and scaled back the recipe for 3 using 3 small breasts (weight 425g). Thank you happynana, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #35 December 2009.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, from lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can add more or less)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or more if like)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (can add more or less)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a gallon size food storage bag, combine first 3 ingredients.
- Add chicken, seal and shake well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Heat large skillet and add 1 tablespoon or so olive oil.
- Add chicken and garlic. Salt and pepper meat.
- Cook until chicken is nearly done.
- Add Rotel tomatoes (do not drain).
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook fettuccini according to package directions; drain. Add back to pan.
- Add butter and lime rind to fettuccini. Add as much Parmesan cheese as you like (I added a large handful). Toss well.
- Arrange fettuccini on platter. Top with chicken and Rotel sauce.
- Spring with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.