1/4 Photos of Fettuccini and Chicken
I found this recipe on the Tex Mex web site. We enjoyed this recipe because it was not saucy. If you like lots of sauce, this is not the recipe for you. I did change a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, from lime
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can add more or less)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or more if like)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (can add more or less)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parmesan cheese
- 1In a gallon size food storage bag, combine first 3 ingredients.
- 2Add chicken, seal and shake well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- 4Heat large skillet and add 1 tablespoon or so olive oil.
- 5Add chicken and garlic. Salt and pepper meat.
- 6Cook until chicken is nearly done.
- 7Add Rotel tomatoes (do not drain).
- 8Simmer 10 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile cook fettuccini according to package directions; drain. Add back to pan.
- 10Add butter and lime rind to fettuccini. Add as much Parmesan cheese as you like (I added a large handful). Toss well.
- 11Arrange fettuccini on platter. Top with chicken and Rotel sauce.
- 12Spring with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccini and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.6
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 199.3 mg
- Sodium 575.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 49.7 g