Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A less rich version of the classic fettuccini alfredo that uses chicken stock instead of cream.
- 226.79 g fettuccine pasta
- 295.73 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 78.07 ml cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg, freshly grated
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In same pot pasta was cooked, melt butter and add flour. Stir until pasty.
- Add chicken stock, cream cheese, nutmeg, pepper and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Return pasta to pot, add parsley, toss well to coat.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese.