Recipe by MyHappyEatings
A less rich version of the classic fettuccini alfredo that uses chicken stock instead of cream.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In same pot pasta was cooked, melt butter and add flour. Stir until pasty.
- Add chicken stock, cream cheese, nutmeg, pepper and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Return pasta to pot, add parsley, toss well to coat.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese.