1/1 Photo of Fettuccini Alfredo
I got this classic recipe from a friend, it's so delicious, creamy and decadent I had to share. The nutmeg really gives is a gourmet twist and separates it out from others.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped into tiny pieces
- minced garlic - 4-6 clove
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (I would use white pepper if you have it)
For the Pasta
- fresh fettuccine, two packages (about 1#) or linguine, noodles- from the refrigerator section two packages (about 1#)
- 4 quarts of water to boil pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional in water)
To top the finished product
- 1Heat butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic in butter.
- 2Stir in whipping cream; heat to boiling.
- 3Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 4Reduce heat. Simmer the sauce uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Heat water and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling in large kettle, add fresh fettuccine. Boil uncovered 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until al dente (tender but firm). Begin testing for doneness when fettuccine rise to the surface of water.
- 6Drain fettuccine. Do not rinse. Pour the sauce on the pasta and stir together, dish into servings and top with a little extra Parm and a pinch of nutmeg to make it pretty. Serve with pepper.
- 7I usually serve this with blackened chicken breast and broccoli to add some kind of nutritional value. :) NOTE: I've tried to make this recipe with 1/2 and 1/2 and it's not nearly as good -- sorry calorie counters. It's OK to splurge once in a while.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccini Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2330.6
- Calories from Fat 937
- Total Fat 104.1 g
- Saturated Fat 62.4 g
- Cholesterol 354.5 mg
- Sodium 2428.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 287.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 59.5 g