Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my husbands favourite dinner. The sauce can be a bit grainy like in texture but still tastes yummy.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 12 -14 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (rich and fruity is the best)
- 1 lb dry fettuccine, cooked to desire tenderness
- In medium saucepan melt butter on med-high heat.
- Add garlic to butter and stir until coated.
- Add cream slowly, constantly stirring.
- Now add parmesan.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add wine to desired thickness (1/4 cup maybe to much).
- Take off of heat.
- Add pepper.
- Place cooked fettuccini in large pasta bowl and pour sauce over.
- **addfried bacon and mushrooms to sauce then pour over noodles.
- **addsliced cooked chicken breast to sauce for Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo (my sisters very favourite).
It actually works better if you put the pasta into the sauce and cook for a minutes on low heat so the pasta will absorb some of the sauce. I'd also omit the wine since this is what causes the graininess. Cook on low-medium heat for better consistency. This is almost exactly like my Alfredo recipe accept I remove the garlic after I add the cream and only use 6 cloves cut in half.