Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Afredo's healthy brother.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- Thaw corn kernels.
- Place the corn, soy milk, tahini, and seasoning in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- (It may take several minutes to completely pulverize the corn.) Pour the blended mixture into a medium saucepan and warm over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- While the sauce is heating, cook the fettuccini in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well and return to the pot.
- Add the hot sauce and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, topping each portion with pepper, if desired.
This was unbelievably fantastic and satisfying, and to think at first I was worried it might be bland! I didn't have onion powder so I used finely chopped onions instead. I also used skim milk, spaghetti, and a generous amount of pepper, and skipped the tahini which I didn't have. Even with all those changes it made a quick, easy, and lip-smacking lunch! Thanks Mirjam, this one's a sure keeper!
This is really delicious! Everyone in my family really loves it and often encourages seconds once the tummys still have the space. I didn't have onion powder so I chopped onions instead. I also used canned corn instead of frozen corn and added a little garlic to it. It's excellent! It's also wonderful if you add chicken breast with the pasta; even bacon by itself taste good with it. I definitely recomment it. It's the bomb!!!
I followed this recipe to the letter, okay almost, I used canned corn instead of frozen. I was surprised at how good it was. I found it quite filling as well. I would recommend this recipe to friends, and I will make it again soon for my family.