Recipe by Mirj
Afredo's healthy brother.
Top Review by Anu
This was unbelievably fantastic and satisfying, and to think at first I was worried it might be bland! I didn't have onion powder so I used finely chopped onions instead. I also used skim milk, spaghetti, and a generous amount of pepper, and skipped the tahini which I didn't have. Even with all those changes it made a quick, easy, and lip-smacking lunch! Thanks Mirjam, this one's a sure keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw corn kernels.
- Place the corn, soy milk, tahini, and seasoning in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- (It may take several minutes to completely pulverize the corn.) Pour the blended mixture into a medium saucepan and warm over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- While the sauce is heating, cook the fettuccini in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well and return to the pot.
- Add the hot sauce and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, topping each portion with pepper, if desired.