Recipe by Hey Jude
I love walnuts and I love fettuccine, so this works for me very well as comfort food.
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- boiling salt water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread walnuts in a shallow pan and bake in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes or till lightly browned; cool slightly.
- Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water, per package directions, until al dente; drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine walnuts, cream, garlic, salt and pepper; whirl, using on-off bursts, until walnuts are coarsely ground.
- Place hot drained pasta in a serving bowl and toss with butter until well coated; top with walnut sauce; toss gently.
- Serve immediately, passing cheese at the table to sprinkle on individual servings.