This is fast, healthy and so good! We made this recipe which we found on F&W Magazine, July/08 edition, with angel-hair pasta and it was delicious! This is "From Chef Tips For Speedy Dishes" by Grace Parisi where the fried capers add a delectable, salty crunch to the pasta tossed with fresh tomatoes and prosciutto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup small caper, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1-inch-wide ribbons
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil
- 1 lb fettuccine
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for serving
- 1In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- 2In a small bowl, toss the capers with the cornstarch and transfer to a sieve; shake off the excess cornstarch.
- 3Add the coated capers to the oil and fry over high heat, tilting and gently shaking the pan, until the capers are crispy and golden, about 3 minutes.
- 4Drain the capers, reserving 2 tablespoons of the oil in the skillet.
- 5Spread the capers on a paper towel–lined plate.
- 6Add the anchovies and garlic to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring, until the garlic is golden and the anchovies dissolve, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the prosciutto, separating the ribbons, and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- 8Add the tomatoes and crushed red pepper and cook just until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes; stir in the basil.
- 9Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- 10Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 11Return the pasta to the pot along with the water and pour the sauce on top.
- 12Toss over high heat just until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 13Serve the pasta in bowls, garnished with the crispy capers.
- 14Pass the grated cheese at the table.
- 15A Light Chardonnay: 2007 Terres Dorées Beaujolais Blanc will be a great addition to the meal, as well as, garlic breadsticks & a salad of greens.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Tomatoes and Crispy Capers
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.6
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 286.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: