Recipe by Kevin Young
Very simple dish. Nice creamy sauce. The sun-dried tomatoes really taste good.
Top Review by Len23
The taste of this dish really is amazing. I added an extra clove of garlic, but wouldn't next time because this stuff is powerfully garlicky and doesn't need more! I made some modifications: was a bit short on cream cheese, so made up the difference with more sour cream. I pureed it in the blender and my blender did a crappy job, so I added the sour cream right into the blender to add some moisture. I had some of mirj's oven dried tomatoes on hand so I tossed a few of those in with a drizzle of olive oil (they were stored in the oil). Pureed the whole mess up and added to the butter in the pan. My mixture was *quite* thick, so I had to dilute with some milk (reached for the cream first and decided to behave) and next time I think I would try to make it even thinner because it is quite thick and very powerful, so diluting it a touch certainly wouldn't hurt the flavour any. Served over pasta, chicken and sauteed mushrooms and zucchini for a one-dish meal. DH and I practically inhaled the leftovers today. Again, texture not the best after being reheated, but all that great taste. The only thing I would experiment with next time is thinning the sauce out because it was a touch thick for my liking, but that could have been something I did in the making. And don't overdo the garlic, 'cause this dish is potent! (In a good way:).
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover tomatoes in a large bowl with boiling water and allow to stand about 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, cream cheese, and oregano in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then stir in cream cheese mixture and sour cream.
- Allow to cook about 10 minutes stirring often until your have a smooth sauce.
- Toss fettuccine with olive oil and cheese mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.