Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw Lidia Bastianich make this on the Martha Stewart Show a while back ago. I haven't made it yet but plan on it soon. **Note: To me there is way to much salt in this dish I would advise you cut back on it. I wanted to post exactly how it was written on Marth Stewart dot com.
- Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add about 1 tablespoon salt and return to a boil.
- Cut swordfish into 1 inch cubes; season lightly with salt. Add 6 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add fish to skillet and toss until opaque, about 1 minute. Transfer fish to a plate and season with salt.
- Add onion to skillet; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until softened and sizzling, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Fill tomato can with 1/2 cup hot water and add to pan. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt and mint.; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return fish and any juices that have accumulated on plate to skillet. Stir until fish and sauce are well combined, about 1 minute , and turn off heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Return fish and sauce to medium heat. Transfer pasta to skillet using tongs. Toss pasta in sauce, along with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, until well combined. Season with salt and serve immediately.