Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a healthy recipe that I love making for summer meals.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallots or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 -10 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb swiss chard, trimmed of stems, washed thoroughly and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- n a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Saute the vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the Swiss chard, reduce heat and cover for about 3 minutes. Using tongs, turn the chard over so that uncooked leaves are on the bottom and wilted leaves are on top. Cover and cook until completely wilted, about another 3 minutes.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain thoroughly, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Return the drained pasta to the pot. Add the Swiss chard mixture and the reserved pasta water. Toss to mix evenly.
- Divide the pasta onto warmed plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.