Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a great "go-to" meal, because most of us have the ingredients on hand. Depending on what time of year, I sometimes use a small can of whole tomatoes, diced and drained. Make a nice salad, some great bread, a glass of wine, and there you go!
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped (or 1 cup frozen, drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced, drained
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese, pureed until smooth (part-skim or low-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Remove 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the spinach and salt. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the tomatoes, cook until heated through.
- Add the cooked fettuccine and 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Add the ricotta. Toss and cook until just heated through, adding more pasta liquid as necessary to make a creamy sauce. Add the Parmesan and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.