Recipe by lazyme
We're fortunate to live in the Pacific NW where we can catch our own fresh salmon. We always smoke some too. Here's a simple and fast recipe from Bon Appetit. The goat cheese goes well with the salmon.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium leeks, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced leeks and sauté until golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Add sliced zucchini and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup half and half and crumbled goat cheese and stir until goat cheese melts. Remove sauce from heat. Season sauce with salt and generous amount of pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until pasta is just tender.
- Drain fettuccine and return to pot. Add sauce to fettuccine and toss until thoroughly coated. Transfer fettuccine to large bowl. Top pasta with smoked salmon and serve immediately.