Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon
- In a large heavy skillet, bring the cream to the boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk (so the cream doesn't boil over) until the cream is very thick, about 8 minutes.
- Cook the fettuccini in the boiling, salted water until done, but still firm to the bite. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, stir the salmon and cheese into the cream. Cook over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the drained fettuccini to the skillet. Toss gently.
- Serve with a grinding of fresh pepper over the top.