Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine, in 1/4-inch wide strips or 1 lb dry fettuccine
- to taste salt
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon (best quality)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large heavy skillet, bring the cream to the boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk (so the cream doesn't boil over) until the cream is very thick, about 8 minutes.
- Cook the fettuccini in the boiling, salted water until done, but still firm to the bite. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, stir the salmon and cheese into the cream. Cook over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the drained fettuccini to the skillet. Toss gently.
- Serve with a grinding of fresh pepper over the top.
Very easy to make and my picky 6 year old even liked it! We shredded extra cheese and addded it to the top. Thanks!