Recipe by loof
My mom was cleaning out one of her closets and came across several folders full of recipes that she had clipped from magazines and newpapers over the years. This came from the Houston Post (no longer in circulation) 1990. The article was promoting a cookbook by Bon Appetit called "Too Busy to Cook". This is a nice, quick and easy meal!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (uncooked)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 3 large garlic cloves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Coarsely chop the tomatoes. Mince the garlic.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, tomatoes, basil, olives, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Place pasta in serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and toss. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.