Fettuccine With Shrimp & Garlic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- In a large skillet over low heat, combine the olive oil and garlic. Cook gently, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to turn golden, 2 to 4 minutes; do not let it brown.
- Add the shrimp and zest; season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium high and sear the shrimp quickly just until they turn bright pink, about 1 minute on each side -- they don't need to be cooked through at this point.
- Add the wine and let it simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through. Set aside and keep warm if the pasta is not yet ready.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until a dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and then drain the pasta, leaving drops of water clinging to it. Add the pasta and half of the reserved cooking liquid to the skillet.
- Gently simmer for a few minutes so the flavors meld and the pasta can soak up the sauce. Stir in the parsley, taste for salt and pepper, and serve warm with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.