Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
My friend Karen gave this recipe to me a while back. She wouldn't mind that I am sharing her recipe. I hope you enjoy with garlic bread and a glass of wine.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 5 ounces portabella mushroom caps, around 4 inches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Remove brown gills from underside of mushroom cap using a spoon; discard gills.
- Cut cap into thin slices.
- Cut slices in half crosswise.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom, onion, parsley,, salt, and garlic, saute for 4 minutes or until mushroom releases moisture, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth, wine, and shrimp; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, tossing to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chives.
- Prep time includes cleaning shrimp.
- Cook time includes cooking pasta.
This recipe was in cooking light. I subbed parmesan for the asiago. The broth is very thin but tasty. I actually would have preferred angel hair instead of fettuccine in this but it was good anyhow.