Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fettuccine con Salsiccia, Salvia e Aglio
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente', stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic slices and saute until light golden, about 45 seconds.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer garlic to bowl.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add sage to same skillet and stir until beginning to crisp, about 10 seconds.
- Add sausage and saute until browned and crisp in spots, breaking up with fork, about 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add pasta and remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet.
- Using tongs, toss pasta with sausage mixture.
- Add crushed red pepper, if desired; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Top with crispy garlic and grated cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- That's it!