Phil Franco's Note:
Fettuccine con Salsiccia, Salvia e Aglio
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente', stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add garlic slices and saute until light golden, about 45 seconds.
- 4Using slotted spoon, transfer garlic to bowl.
- 5Increase heat to medium-high; add sage to same skillet and stir until beginning to crisp, about 10 seconds.
- 6Add sausage and saute until browned and crisp in spots, breaking up with fork, about 8 minutes.
- 7Drain pasta; add pasta and remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet.
- 8Using tongs, toss pasta with sausage mixture.
- 9Add crushed red pepper, if desired; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- 11Top with crispy garlic and grated cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- 12That's it!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Sausage, Sage, and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.1
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 1779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 41.9 g