Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This may sound unusual, but it is delicious. You have to like licorice, but it isn't over-powering because of the cream...enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sambuca liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained & chopped (10-12 count)
- 3 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- orange zest (to garnish)
- In a large frying pan, heat butter & saute cubed chicken & garlic until barely cooked (do NOT over cook!).
- Remove chicken from pan & set aside.
- Add whipping cream, sambuca & orange juice to pan & stir well.
- Add parmesan, nutmeg, salt & pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped artichokes, cranberries & chicken; simmer & stir for 10 minutes.
- Cook fettucine according to package directions.
- Carefully fold sauce into pasta & garnish with parsley & orange zest.