Recipe by Charmie777
A great side or main dish from Wish-Bone. You can use any style/flavor Italian dressing you like!
Top Review by LMillerRN
This was so simple and wonderful. I used fat free half and half and a can of roasted red peppers. I didn't have fettuccine so I used bowtie pasta. My boys loved it. Thank you so much for an easy and elegant dinner. Lisa
- 3 large red peppers (or 2 cups jarred roasted red peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained, kept warm
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- On broiler rack or over open burner, place peppers. Cook, turning occasionally, 20 minutes or until peppers turn almost completely black. Immediately place in paper bag; close bag and let cool about 30 minutes. Under cold running water, peel off skin, then removed stems and seeds.
- In food processor or blender, process remaining ingredients (except pasta) until blended.
- Toss with hot fettuccine and serve with cheese.