Recipe by Baton Twirling
A no sauce pasta recipe modified from the original "Fresh Fettuccine with Roasted Chicken and Broccoli Rabe" by Giada De Laurentiis.
- 1 lb rapini, trimmed, stalks cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
- 9 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups oven-roasted deli chicken, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the rapini and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rapini to a large bowl of ice water.
- Once cooled, drain rapini and set aside.
- Add the fettuccine to the same pot of boiling water and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, bring the broth and lemon juice to a boil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the broth reduces by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer just until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add rapini to the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, parsley, oil, and lemon zest.
- Toss to coat, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mound the pasta into bowls and serve.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.