Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recently, I roasted cauliflower with red onion and sugar snap peas and I just can't get enough of this combination.
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups green beans or 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄8 lb prosciutto, thin sliced and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine, cooked
- Set a large pot to boil and cook the fettuccine according to package directions; preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, red onion wedges, and the olive oil; arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and place in oven.
- Combine green beans or sugar snap peas with any oil remaining in the bowl and arrange on same baking sheet and return to oven (the green beans do not need to cook quite as long as the cauliflower); roast until tender crisp and cauliflower is just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, cook prosciutto until crisp, about 5 minutes; be aware that the proscuitto will add salt to the final dish.
- In same skillet, stir in flour and cook about a minute or two, stirring.
- Slowly stir in milk, stock, and tomatoes, stirring constantly until the sauce reaches your desired thickness (add a little water if too thick).
- Stir in roasted vegetables and fettuccine and heat through; sprinkle with Gorgonzola, if desired, and serve.