1/2 Photos of Fettuccine With Roasted Cauliflower and Prosciutto
Recently, I roasted cauliflower with red onion and sugar snap peas and I just can't get enough of this combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups green beans or 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/8 lb prosciutto, thin sliced and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 lb fettuccine, cooked
- 1Set a large pot to boil and cook the fettuccine according to package directions; preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, combine cauliflower, red onion wedges, and the olive oil; arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and place in oven.
- 3Combine green beans or sugar snap peas with any oil remaining in the bowl and arrange on same baking sheet and return to oven (the green beans do not need to cook quite as long as the cauliflower); roast until tender crisp and cauliflower is just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- 4In a skillet, cook prosciutto until crisp, about 5 minutes; be aware that the proscuitto will add salt to the final dish.
- 5In same skillet, stir in flour and cook about a minute or two, stirring.
- 6Slowly stir in milk, stock, and tomatoes, stirring constantly until the sauce reaches your desired thickness (add a little water if too thick).
- 7Stir in roasted vegetables and fettuccine and heat through; sprinkle with Gorgonzola, if desired, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Roasted Cauliflower and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 167.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: