Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe has been modified from "The New Pasta Cookbook". I have been looking for a way to make pasta sauce with Ricotta and this fits the bill!
- 1 lb fettuccine, whole wheat or 3⁄4 lb dried fettuccine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water until al dente.
- In blender or food processor, blend garlic, ricotta, milk, salt.
- Stir in the chopped pepper and dill.
- When pasta is al dente, mix 1-2 Tbs cooking water through the sauce, then drain pasta.
- Add sauce to pasta and mix to coat before serving.
- Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This was so quick and yummy. I used mini penne instead. I think it had the right amount of milk in it for me.
Very good. I'm a real ricotta fan, so this was right up my alley. Unlike the other reviewer, I actually will increase the milk slightly to make a thinner sauce. Delicious and thank you.
This is too easy and fast that I was surprised that it was delicious besides. Next time I will decrease the milk in the sauce but otherwise perfect for a super quick light meal! Thanks for sharing!