Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thanks to the Can Opener Gourmet for this one!
- 16 ounces fettuccine
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (one can)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on its package. Keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, whik the cornstarch and milk together.
- When the cornstarch is dissolved completely, place over the stove on medium heat and add 3/4 cup water, the butter, and the pumpkin.
- When pumpkin is dissolved, add the onion powder, salt, garlic powder, and sage.
- Stir until the mixtures comes to a low boil and has thickened to your liking (like an alfredo sauce). If it's not thick enough, add another tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water.
- Toss the sauce with the fettuccine and sprinkle with Parmesan and shelled pumpkin seeds for garnish if you'd like.
A really nice, smooth sauce. I loved the garlic flavour in it and would probably increase it next time as I like garlic strong! I also might use less evaporated milk compared to pumpkin, to make the pumpkin flavour a little stronger. It's definitely worth sprinkling with parmesan when serving- this seemed to boost the other flavours. Thanks for a wonderfully simple and tasty sauce!