Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
We love pasta with cream sauces and this really fits the bill. Delicate yet Elegant! This came from a magazine years ago and I have been making it ever since. Try it, you'll like it!
- 4 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces cooked ham, cut in juilienne strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, cut in julienne strips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute prosciutto in butter 1 minute.
- Add peas and red pepper strips; saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir in cream and pepper; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile in a large pot, in rapidly boiling water, cook fettuccine as directed; drain well.
- Place in large serving bowl.
- Add sauce and parmesan; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
I thought this was excellent! I cut the recipe in half, with no problems, and substituted extra roasted red peppers as I'm not fond of peas in pasta. I altered the technique slightly, tossing the cooked pasta in the pan with the sauce then putting the whole lot into a serving bowl. I also tore up a few basil leaves and added them in at the end, only because I had some on hand; they were a nice addition but not necessary. This cooked up very fast and had a pleasant taste that I quite enjoyed. I'll be trying this one again!