- 3 cups diagonally cut asparagus
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped prosciutto (about 2 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus and pasta in boiling water 3 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Wipe pan dry and heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add proscuitto and cook 2 more minutes; stirring frequently.
- Stir in asparagus and pasta, reserved liquid, vinegar, salt and peppers. Toss well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.