Recipe by Abby Girl
This pasta dish is elegant enough to serve to company. Serve with salad and fresh buns to compliment the dish.
Top Review by Julie F
This was a big hit! I made a few changes, to make it a little quicker to get together. First of all, I used 12 ounces of pasta. I was feeding 5 people and didn't think 8 ounces would do it. I was glad I did as it all got eaten. Finally, after cooking the shrimp, peppers (I didn't have any fresh peppers so used about 3/4 c roasted red peppers in a jar) and pine nuts, I added the pasta to the skillet, then the wine and shallot mixture. Next time, I'd put the pasta in a bowl, then add the prawn mixture then the wine mixture as in the recipe. It would work better than my method because when I mixed the pasta in the skillet, all the good stuff sunk to the bottom and it was hard to get all the ingredients in one scoop. That's what I get for being lazy. Still, the meal was delicous. Thanks for an awesome recipe!
- 1 lb prawns, raw
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large garlic, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell, devein and butterfly prawns; set aside.
- In saucepan, combine wine and shallots and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil under reduced to 2/3 cup. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter. Remove pan from heat if bubbles appear on surface. Season with salt and pepper. Keep sauce warm over hot water until ready to serve (can be done in advance).
- Cook fettuccine in large amount of boiling salted water until tender. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add prawns, nuts and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add peppers; saute until peppers are tender and prawns are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and transfer to platter or bowl. Spoon sauce and prawn mixture over pasta and gently toss. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.