Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Add portobello mushrooms to alfredo sauce to give the illusion of a meaty sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 (6 ounce) package portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley (chopped)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; set aside.
- Remove brown gills from undersides of mushroom caps using a spoon, and discard gills. Chop mushrooms.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add mushrooms and garlic. Saute 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 10 minutes. Stir in cheese, pepper, and salt; stir until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir in parsley. Serve over hot cooked pasta.