Recipe by JC in Texas
When one is just plain tired of chicken and/or meat this is simply divine. Credit goes to Linda King of Dunwoody, Ga. and was featured in Southern Living. This is also great for your Vegetarian guests.
Top Review by quikgourmet
If you love a cream sauce and portobello mushrooms, this recipe is for you! I doubled the mushrooms (we love them!) and used a refrigerated angel hair to cut cooking time. Just fantastic!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 8 ounces already sliced portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley (or substitute w or Italian seasoning)
- flat-leaf Italian parsley (to garnish)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Remove brown gills from mushrooms and discard. Chop mushrooms.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat add mushrooms and garlic, and saute 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 10 minutes. Stir in cheese, pepper, and salt; stir constantly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir in 2 tablesspoons parsley. Serve over hot cooked pasta.