Recipe by Gina's Cucina
This a Pesto recipe I came up with after trial and error. You could add more garlic but caution the HOTTER it will get.
Top Review by dianegrapegrower
Very nice. My basil was frozen, from last year's garden. So fine flavor, but ugly color. So added some fresh parsley to perk up the color. Only used 1/4 c. olive oil, and worked fine.
- 2 cups of packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 lb fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- place basil, garlic, pine nuts, and cheese in a food processor and process about 15 seconds.
- With processor still on pour oil in through the tube in a steady stream till all the oil is used.
- Turn off processor.
- Cook fettuccine in salted boiling water to your taste.
- Drain pasta well.
- Add a some sauce to the pasta and mix pasta with the sauce.
- Serve pasta and add sauce to your liking.