- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄4 cups romano cheese
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine basil, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, oil, garlic cloves and pine nuts into a food processor or blender. Pulse until blended. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, combine cream cheese, remaining Parmesan, butter, garlic powder and milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Stir pesto into alfredo sauce and toss with cooked pasta.