Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe combines fresh homemade pesto with a creamy delicious alfredo sauce. My kids love this, they call it green spaghetti.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄4 cups romano cheese
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine
- Combine basil, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, oil, garlic cloves and pine nuts into a food processor or blender. Pulse until blended. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, combine cream cheese, remaining Parmesan, butter, garlic powder and milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Stir pesto into alfredo sauce and toss with cooked pasta.
This was good. And easy too.
This was absolutely fantastic. The kids even loved it. I grilled some boneless chicken breasts that were marinated in olive oil and garlic - sliced on top of the pasta sprinkled with some fresh Parmesan - perfect!