Recipe by keen5
I used broccoli when I made this and it was good. This is great for one of those busy days or nights, since it is so quick and easy. Throw in a salad and some garlic bread and you've got a quick meal.
- 1 (1 lb) package fettuccine or 1 (1 lb) package egg noodles
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups julienne-cut cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas or 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine following label directions, just until barely tender.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large skillet; saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in ham and vegetables.
- Stir in flour; cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender but crisp.
- Stir in cream gradually.
- Bring to boiling.
- Taste; add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Drain pasta; return to pan.
- Pour hot sauce over the fettuccine.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss and serve immediately.