Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the recipes I adopted from the Recipezaar account. I chose it because a local restaurant makes a similar dish that I absolutely love. Susie in Texas was kind enough to test out the recipe and I have incorporated her suggestion of reversing a couple of steps. The directions now read according to her suggestions. I hope you enjoy it!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 green onions
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 (10 ) package frozen tiny peas
- 4 ounces ham, Boiled, chopped
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium head.
- Add shallots and saute until soft.
- Add mushrooms, increase heat to high and cook until mushrooms are very lightly browned.
- Stir in peas and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add cream and boil two minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; blend in ham cheese and fettuccine and toss until heated, well combined and sauce clings to pasta.
- Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
THis is a wonderful recipe....one of my boyfriends favorates...glad you posted this recipe so Ican make it at home for him...thanks
I highly recommend this recipe for taste and ease of preparation. I had it ready and on the table in about 30 minutes. I did add more than 4 ounces of ham. I had some frozen ham slices which were leftover from another recipe that I chopped into bite size pieces. I used 2 cups of ham all total. Also, I would recommend reversing steps 4 and 5. I added my peas in before the cream because they were still partially frozen and I didn't want the moisture from the peas to thin out the cream. The cream & parmesan made a nice, slightly thick, sauce which was ample for the fettuccini. Very tasty and satisfying meal which my family loved. I will definitely be making this again.
Love the taste of this recipe. I did tweak it a bit though, added some green pepper, a lot more onion, good shake of Mrs. Dash and used whole milk instead of cream and I was out of Parmesan so used grated Mozzarella but it turned out great anyhow. Will make this one again.