1/2 Photos of Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Fried Sage
1 hr 10 mins
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
The fresh sage turns crispy when fried in the butter and adds a wonderful flavor to the beef and mushrooms. This is a fairly simple dish that can be used as a main course or in smaller servings as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 2 Tbsp butter with the oil in large skillet over medium low heat.
- 2Add sage leaves and fry slowly turning occasionally until they are crisp (about 6- 8 minutes).
- 3Transfer with tongs to paper towel to drain.
- 4Pour fat from skillet and reserve.
- 5Preheat over to lowest setting.
- 6Turn heat up under skillet.
- 7When skillet is very hot, add mushrooms.
- 8Cut remaining butter into small pieces and add to skillet as mushrooms are frying.
- 9Season mushrooms highly with salt and pepper.
- 10Saute over high heat until sizzling and brown- about 15 minutes.
- 11Transfer to large warm bowl and place in oven.
- 12Add stock to skillet and stir, scraping up any particles clinging to pan.
- 13Simmer over high heat until stock is reduced by half, then lower heat and keep warm while cooking the pasta.
- 14Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- 15Drain and transfer to skillet.
- 16Add reserved sage butter.
- 17Toss noodles to coat.
- 18Transfer noodles to bowl containing mushrooms and toss again.
- 19Place noodle mixture on warm platter and top with fried sage leaves.
- 20Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Fried Sage
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 377.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves