Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a Good Housekeeping magazine. It is delicious and has very few ingredients.
- 1 lb refrigerated fettuccine (or angel hair)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Heat large saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallot and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Stir wine into mushrooms mixture. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and cream; heat to boiling and cook 3 minutes, stirring. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add mushroom mixture, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes, then cook 1 minute over medium heat, tossing until evenly coated.