Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor or blender; process on high until smooth.
- In a large skillet saute mushrooms and garlic over medium heat with 1 tbsp.
- margarine, being careful not to burn garlic; remove from pan and reserve.
- In same skillet, warm the half and half and 2 tbsp.
- margarine, stirring constantly; stir in cottage cheese; mix thoroughly.
- Toss mushrooms and the cooked, drained, hot fettuccini with the cheese mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle Chives over the top.