Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the back of a chicken stock carton. I haven't tried it yet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 400 g fettuccine
- 6 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Meanwhile cook the pasta according t packet directions.
- Stir green shallots and thyme into sauce or until the shallots are tender. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Add mushroom sauce and toss gently until well combined.
Low fat and fantastic! This was quick and delicious and I made 1 serving for lunch. I could not find green shallots here. I finally googled them and they are what we call GREEN ONIONS! Yay! I learned something for the next time I see this elusive ingredient! :) The only recommendation I would make it to not use ground thyme because that's all I had and it was pretty strong. I also only had spaghetti. Made for PRMR tag. Thanks! :)