Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 ounces morels, rinsed, drained, and patted dry (or 1 oz. dried morels, soaked, drained, and patted dry)
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- Combine 1 1/3 cup cream, butter, brandy, and morels in a saute pan big enough to accommodate the cooked pasta.
- Heat over low heat until the butter is melted and the cream comes to a bare simmer.
- Cover and cook at a bare simmer for 2 minutes to combine flavors.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a big pot; add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook until almost al dente; drain the pasta and add it to the saute pan.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup cream, cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook over very low heat, tossing to combine ingredients until the sauce is slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Divide among 4 warmed pasta bowls and serve immediately.