Fettuccine With Mascarpone and Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, mascarpone, salt, and pepper in a heatproof mixing bowl that is large enough to sit on top of your pasta pot; set aside.
- Add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water; add in fettuccine; cook at a full boil, stirring frequently, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, rest the mixing bowl above the boiling water to warm the mixture, stirring frequently, to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- When the fettuccine is al dente, drain it and toss the pasta into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold in the Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss, and serve immediately.
- Pass extra cheese and pepper at the table.